We know that a lot of people have been suffering from acne. Having acne is hard for everyone. Acne is a problem for most teenagers and preteens. Having acne can lower their self-confidence. This age bracket usually spend most of their time studying.
People who are undergoing menopausal period is also at risk of having acne. Why are these people prone to acne? This is because of the hormonal imbalance. What is hormonal imbalance?
It is hard to have acne. Even when you treat your acne, some factors can still easily trigger your acne. What are those? Poor hygiene. Due to your busy schedule or a not being able to clean your face can easily trigger acne. Some people forget to wash their face when they come home from work or school.
Acne can leave a long-lasting ugly effect. For example, when your acne is big, the acne mark will become deep and big. This will be visible. There are not many things to do to fix this problem. The texture of you face will become uneven. This will lower the self confidence in you.
Acne can last up to days, week, and even months. This will feel uncomfortable because of the pain you will feel when your acne is severe. Many advertisements promote acne-fighting products. The question is, are these acne-fighting products reliable or not? In this article, you will know how to get rid of red marks from acne.
What is having acne like?
Renee Jacques from Huffingtonpost.com says that “Pimples are seriously the skin problem from hell. They hurt when they are forming, and they look and feel disgusting once they are there. But that’s not it. After that pimple is gone, it leaves you with a little parting gift: an acne scar. The discolored mark is blatant proof that you had a pimple, and it was not fun.
We spoke to two New York City-based dermatologists who gave us the rundown on everything you should know about acne scars, including how to prevent them and what to do to get rid of them for good.”
How do people get acne?
Renee Jacques still added in her post, “Contrary to popular belief, you don’t just get acne scars from picking at your pimples. According to Dr. Whitney Bowe, there are acne lesions that are prone to scarring — even if you leave them completely alone.
“They are mostly cystic lesions that feel painful underneath the skin and they don’t really connect with the surface easily,” said Dr. Bowe. “The inflammation gets trapped in there.”
Cystic pimples are inflammatory acne which involves more white blood cells rushing to the area and because there are more enzymes in that area, it leads to more destruction. The skin then tries to desperately heal itself which results in a scar.”
The difference between acne marks and the acne scars revealed
The post of Renee Jacques continued with her statement. “People with darker skin often see post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation — marks that appear brown. Those with lighter skin often develop post-inflammatory erythema — which show up as purple or red marks.
Acne scars are deep indentations that are usually caused from picking at a blemish (though not always). They take much longer to remove and and can only be erased with laser treatment.
Atrophic scars appear as indentations in the skin. One type of atrophic scarring commonly seen as a result of acne is often referred to as an “ice pick” scar, which appears more deep than wide. Hypertrophic scars appear as thick, raised bumps on the surface of skin.
“A true acne scar is when your body takes that healing process one step further and is not able to actually form the collagen the normal way. All the enzymes that are in the area of the acne lesion eat away at things like collagen and elastin,” explained Dr. Bowe.
“In the case that the inflammation is so great, the collagen and elastic tissue is not able to regenerate completely, or it does in a sort of disorganized or pathologic and not healthy fashion, and you’re left with a scar.”
As said in the post, it can be so hard to get rid of these marks. I remember my high school classmate. Her face was covered with nasty acne. Some were red marks from acne that looks definitely like acnes. These marks made her life so sad. Some people also feels this way.
Having acne is worse. But it is even worse when they leave you those nasty acne marks. I have a cousin who got acne all over her face. It is hard for her to cure her acne as well as her acne scars.
Why? Because they keep coming back. When her acne is getting healed, another one will pop out.
She is working that time in an advertising company. That means she needs to face all her clients. She is also having a hard time with that. Especially if the product she will advertise is a beauty product brand.
The top tricks on how to get rid of red marks from acne
- Coconut oil – Coconut oil contains fatty acid and Vitamin E that help our skin to get the necessary repair of skin tissue. Coconut oil can help the skin lessen the visibility of acne scars with continuous use.
- Baking Soda – Baking soda is a good exfoliant. This is effective when we rub baking soda into our skin and leave it for some minutes then rinse. When done continuously, you can see the effect. The acne scars will lighten.
- Turmeric – Who knows turmeric can be a great help to prevent and get rid of acne? Turmeric is actually loaded with anti-inflammatory properties that can help prevent acne breakout. Turmeric can also lessen the visibility of acne scars.
- Honey – You want to moisturize your skin naturally? Try to use honey. Honey is natural that there will be no reason to trigger acne. This can help our tissue to regenerate. Honey is also great in healing because it consists of natural antibiotic.
- Potato – I know you are wondering why potato, right? I know this seems odd. A little information for you that potato is rich in starch. The content in starch contains ingredients that are good in getting rid of acne scars.
- Cocoa Butter – Applying cocoa butter is an amazing way to moisturize your skin without causing your acne to breakout. The good about this is that cocoa is easily absorbed by our skin. When you use this regularly, acne scars will lessen.
- Lemon – Lemon contains Vitamin C. Vitamin C can hasten the healing of acne. Vitamin C can also help our skin cells to grow. This means that the acne scars will lighten up and will eventually be spotless.
- Aloe vera – Aloe vera is known to be a scar-removal plant. Not only aloe vera can reduce or remove acne scars but this can also prevent acne from breaking out. Why? Because aloe vera consists of anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Vitamin E Oil – Vitamin E oil can help moisturize the skin. This can also help lessen the appearance of acne scars. Vitamin E oil can also help even out the skin tone.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – Apple cider vinegar can help lighten the skin pigmentation. This can also help remove dead skin cells. This is a great help for repairing the damaged skin caused by acne.
These are helpful ways to remove red marks from acne the natural way. There are also clinical ways to remove these annoying red marks. My cousin tried these natural ways and they actually worked. She also tried clinical procedures such as facial scrub, face whitening mask and spa.
There are also chemical based products that are sold in the market for years now. Some of these products are expensive. There are also products that are chemical based. These products are also safe if bought from legal sellers.
You just have to be careful with the fake products that are sold by fake sellers. These products have became popular nowadays. Acne is caused by many factors. That is why if you do not want to go through acne treatments, you just have to avoid what triggers your acne.
You can try hypoallergenic products. If ever you get in to activities that made you sweat too much, remember to always shower and use mild stuff for your back and when you dry your back, just pat it. Do not rub it excessively or it might irritate the skin and may trigger the acne breakout.
Ok so, I know that stress is everywhere and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it. But, if you keep stressing yourself, this will most likely be the cause of your acne come back. So, if you can’t avoid it, just try to minimize it. And, always wear breathable clothes. Especially when it is humid and you tend to sweat a lot.
Another thing is that we have to know specifically what to do with our certain types of acne. And we will be able to do that when we talk to a Dermatologist. We need them so we will know what kind of products or treatment we should do to prevent and remove back acne.
Drinking lots of water and drinking detox juices may also help you cleanse. So, now that we know the best way to remove back acne, it will actually depend on a person whether he or she will do these tips or not.