Aside from bloated waistline that you’re trying to hide with clothes, acne can also be visible in your facial zone no matter what you do to cover it. Acne – not only a painful feeling but an irritating appearance which makes your day a worst nightmare. Yes, it is probably true.
When you have acne, whether it is mild or severe, the tendency is, it makes your self-esteem poorer. But don’t feel worried, you are not alone in this kind of problem; everyone can experience abrupt acne from time to time.
So, whether you are blessed to have smooth and clear skin, you can also be inclined to acne due to several factors.
What Causes Acne?
Acne affects people of different ages, so no one is excused from it. In general, acne occurs in several areas of your face and body such as the forehead, cheek, chin, chest, and back. Why? Since this area is highly active to produced oil sebaceous glands, they are more prone-zone to develop acne.
Acne occurs when the oil sebaceous glands are caused to happen in puberty and, adulthood which is stimulated by male hormones from the adrenal glands. The oil sebum which is produced by the sebaceous glands helps to improve the hair moisture in the skin at all times. However, when dead skin cells block the hole of the sebaceous glands, it produces oil beneath. These possible oils aroused the bacteria’s in the skin which can cause the tissues to become inflamed.
Moreover, here are some possible causes of acne which that you need to consider
- Genetic: Have you ever think that why acne still grows with you no matter how hard you try to get rid of it? Perhaps, your genes are also the culprit. If your parents have a history of acne, then, probably, you have a higher chance that you can also struggle with the same issue.
- Hormones: Hormonal change of estrogen and testosterone levels often happens to women during their puberty stage and pregnancy. This is the cause why some women experience acne breakouts during their menstrual cycle. When the brain releases hormones throughout the beginning of puberty stage, the pituitary gland release two or more androgens in the skin. This androgen induces sebaceous glands to build up excess oil sebum causing acne.
- Smoking, and Alcohol Consumption: Alcohol and smoking are the skin’s number one most enemies. We all know that when it comes to socialization, people are often engage in this kind of bad habits whether it can affect them or not. However, unfortunately, not only lung disease is the effect of smoking and alcohol consumption, it can trigger other skin flaws such as acne. Alcohol and smoking can lead to narrowing the blood vessels and the skin to your body. Thus, it weakens your skin to protect you against several bacteria’s, so your skin is likely inclined to acne.
- Stress, and Depression: A person who is suffering from acne might undergo to depression and stress since acne can lower the self-esteem and confidence of acne sufferer. If you are depressed or stressed, this may affect the structure of your body which result in increased inflammation all over your body as well as your skin.
Ways on how you get rid of your acne overnight at home
Waking up every morning with tons of acne all over your face is like you walking without dress in the city – which you caught the attention of everyone. Acne occurs because of the overactive sebaceous glands produced excess oil in the skin. However, nowadays, acne is a common issue that can easily deal with certain acne-treatments such as:
Honey is popular of having a good source of antibacterial properties to avoid sudden growth of certain diseases. Honey, in ancient, is used to prevent infections, it also releases low-level hydrogen peroxide that cleanses your skin.
Truth to be told, acne is another popular treatment used by some acne-suffers which help them to reduce their acne breakouts and other existing inflammation. Moreover, acne has anti-inflammatory properties that avoid red bump and aggravation that cause acne.
Lastly, in using honey to treat acne, mixed honey, oatmeal, and water until the consistency becomes paste/sticky. Apply this as a facial mask and leave it overnight, so it can soak up excess oil from the pores. When it’s done, gently massage this while washing it off with water, so it can eliminate all the impurities in your skin.
Aloe vera is an effective anti-inflammatory and antibacterial property which is beneficial to treat skin damages such as acne, scars, and pimples. Aloe vera also increase the healing process and soothes particular inflammation like swelling and redness.
Furthermore, aloe vera also play a role in preventing acne scars, clearing pores, and keep your skin from oil. Using aloe vera as a facial mask, cut off then squeeze the aloe vera gel in a small bowl. Apply the aloe vera gel all over the face, and leave it overnight. Wash off your face with warm accompanied by cold water once you wake in the morning. Let it dry with a clean towel.
Baking Soda contains anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties that help to soothe inflammation. Baking soda is beneficial in treating acne by clearing it up quickly and exfoliates your skin to prevent acne.
There are two ways to use baking soda in treating acne, using baking soda with water, and baking soda with honey. In using baking soda with water, mix these two ingredients until the consistency becomes a paste. Apply this to your affected area of acne.
Secondly, using baking soda with honey. Mix these two ingredients and apply to your face. Leave it for 5 minutes or overnight if your skin is not sensitive to it. However, if your skin is sensitive in this acne treatment, wash your face immediately with soap and water.
Toothpaste is one of the effective treatments for reducing acne breakouts. It contains “triclosan” which is antibacterial properties that removes acne and disinfected all the impurities in your skin.
To use this, apply toothpaste in the affected area of acne and leave it for at least 30 minutes or overnight if your skin is not sensitive to toothpaste. Wash it off with soap and clean water. However, you can also use toothpaste with jojoba oils. Mix half tsp of toothpaste with a few drops of jojoba oils, and apply this on affected areas of acne. Leave it for 1 hour or overnight, then wash it off with water in the morning.
APPLE CIDER VINEGAR
Apple cider is popular home remedies in treating acne. It helps to bring back the natural condition of your skin due to your unhealthy lifestyles like poor diet, smoking, and drinking.
Apple cider contains astringent properties that make your acne dry overnight as well as it reduces the sizes of your pores in every application. To use this, mix the apple cider with clean water into the small bowl. Dip a cotton ball in the mixture, and then apply it into the affected area of acne. Leave it overnight, and rinse it in the morning.
Tips and Tricks to Prevent Acne
In treating acne in most cases, is like trial-and-error, You can’t easily treat acne in the fastest way, however, you can prevent it by avoiding certain factors that trigger acne. So, in case you are dreaming to have a smooth skin yet your skin is prone to acne, perhaps, following this tips not only help you to avoid acne, but rather prevent it to coming back.
- Wash your face regularly: washing your face at least two times a day will remove all the impurities on your skin that trigger acne.
- Familiarize your skin type: Every person has its own skin type. Understanding your skin type will help you to identify the right product or treatment to your acne without aggravating your skin.
- Keep your skin moisturized: Using moisturizers keep your skin hydrated. However, there is a certain moisturizer which can irritate your skin. Thus, in choosing the right moisturizer, pick the one with, and fragrance-free ingredients, so, it won’t aggravate your skin after applying moisturizer.
- Try using Over-the counter-treatment (OTC): Over-the-counter treatment products contains ingredients with benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, and sulfur. Using OTC prevent the inflammation of the skin such as redness, swelling, and irritation.
- Stop making a habit of touching your face: Hands are the primary source of dirt and bacteria that spread out into your face by touching it. If you often touch your face, you also transferred all the pore-blocking impurities to your skin. On the other hand, if you can’t help yourself to avoid touching your face, keep it clean and wash it frequently. Otherwise, touch it as lightly as possible.
There is no easy way of treating acne. However, the best thing that you can do is to be patient to its result. Acne is no ordinary skin condition; it cannot only affect your skin’s appearance but rather your self-esteem too.
Therefore, if you want to keep your skin away from specific factors resulting in acne, you should avoid your unhealthy habits such as drinking and smoking. However, Genes and Acne, on the other hand, is quite tricky to avoid, since the acne due to you’re hereditary. In that case, the best thing you can do is to maintain cleanliness not only in your body but rather in your surroundings as well.