During adolescence period you have probably used a facial cleanser to remove your problem with acne. Sometimes dealing with pimples is as comfortable as cleaning and popping but sometimes pimples won’t go away instead, it will just appear as tiny red bumps on your skin.
The reason for this skin condition is because the oil got trapped on the hair follicle. To properly care for this kind of skin conditions, it needs to be open and clean out the oil on it.
It is not exactly easy and smooth in combating that bumpy acne. The good news about it was that there are lots of definitive methods that you can follow to make your skin clean so that pimples can quickly heal on your skin’s surface.
One of the keys to wiping out the bumpy acne on your cheeks is to clean and wash your face consistently with a routinary skin care products that contain the following ingredients like salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide, and retinoids.
These are products where you can buy it in an over the counter store, and these acne prescriptions are entirely fighter in quickly healing the skin condition. A healthy diet must accompany it by choosing the kind of food you eat.
Consider the following methods below:
- Wash your face with an acne-fighting cleanser during the morning and night and even after doing your daily workout. You can use a product that has an active ingredient of benzoyl peroxide and sulfur to clean up all the bacteria and slowly remove the dead skin cells on your face. Use your fingertips in applying the product then slowly massage in a circular motion on your entire face especially to the most affected area. Focus applying on your cheeks and mouth area. Rinse it properly with lukewarm water then pat it dry using a cloth or towel.
- After washing the face, slowly run a piece of an ice cube on your mouth and cheeks for a minute. It is one way of reducing the inflammation and acne scars on your face.
- Apply toner to your face using a cotton ball, focus on the cheeks and mouth area. Toner is essential in treating acne problem because it can remove leftover cleanser that can clog the pores. It also restores the balance of pH level on your skin. Toner ingredient can also provide healing process on your blackheads and pimples. Choose a toner that is alcohol-free, glycolic acid and witch hazel content. These ingredients are all helpful in reducing the oil on your face and can tighten the skin pores. Using the component will let you avoid drying of skin.
- Use at least 2.5% of benzoyl peroxide on your face and mouth. Be sure to cover the affected areas a thin layer cloth and let it dry. Some products content are tretinoin, tazarotene and azelaic are all acne fighting ingredients. It is advisable to ask for advice from an expert to get recommendations about which product best works according to your skin condition.
- Using your fingertips using a small amount of moisturizer and slowly smooth to your face. Moisturizers are vital to people who are prone to acne breakouts due to the excess oil on your face. Moisturizer helps to hydrate the skin condition back to normal. You can choose a moisturizer with salicylic acid content which can also assist in unclogging the pores through the penetration of the liquid.
Remind yourself to keep away yourself from the sunlight while applying these acne fighting products. You can choose those products that have at least an SPF 30. Also, remember not to touch your face using your hands because hands can acquire bacteria easily and may transfer it to your face and this can worsen the problem. Another thing to remember is that always tie up your hair to avoid moving the natural oil from your hair to your face or skin. Make sure not to touch any sheets and clothing after applying the products since it can stain.
Acne is such a natural skin problem to most of the people. Eighty-five percent of people are affected by acne, pimples and acne bumps. It is the case where people get frustrated because it is hard to solve the problem. It lowers self-esteem and sometimes may cause attitude problem.
The mentioned treatment above is conventional treatments that can be effective. It is associated with side effects such as dryness, irritation, and severe inflammation. Due to these reasons, many people have been looking for natural and organic treatment to avoid the harmful effects of using conventional products. Though there is a lot of natural remedies, only a handful of them is proven effective by the science.
The following are three natural treatment that’s known to be effective in getting rid of acne, acne bumps and pimples fast.
TEA TREE OIL
Tea tree oil comes from a tree called Melaleuca Alternifolia which is originated from Australia. It is known that it is capable of fighting bacteria and reduces the problem of inflammation. Tea tree oil fights bacteria such P.acnes and S.epidermidis. These two bacteria are the primary cause of pimples on your face.
A study shows that five percent of tea tree oil gel is as capable as four times to six times to reduce acne lesions. Another research also has proven that five percent of tea tree oil with benzoyl peroxide is effective in treating pimples.
Using tea tree oil has a lesser side effect compared to benzoyl peroxides such as burning, inflammation and skin inflammation. It is essential to remember that using tea tree oil can sometimes cause irritation and redness when it is directly applied to the skin. Mix the tea tree oil with water to avoid the problem.
- Use at least one part of tea tree oil with nine parts of water
- Use a cotton ball and dip into the mixture then directly apply to the affected areas.
- Applying moisturizer is also best to get your desired result.
- Make the application at least one or twice every day according to your need.
CONCLUSION: Tea tree oil is the best source for treating acne. It can fight bacteria which worsen the skin problem. According to the study that using this natural ingredient can help reduce pimples.
OTHER ESSENTIAL OILS
Aside from using tea tree oil, other essential oils are capable of fighting bacteria and inflammation. These oils can clear and clean up your pimples easily. A scientific study shows that rose, cinnamon, lavender, and cloves can help fight acne caused by P.acnes and S.epidermidis. Lemongrass and rosemary oils can fight P.acnes bacteria alone.
Make sure not to apply these essentials directly to your skin since it is very concentrated that may cause irritation and inflammation.
- For one teaspoon of essential oils, you need to use nine spoons of water too.
- Apply the mixture to your skin using a cotton ball.
- Use moisturizer if necessary to avoid dryness of the skin.
- Do the application one or twice every day.
CONCLUSION: Essential oils mentioned like a rose, lavender, cinnamon, lemongrass, cloves, and rosemary are all capable of fighting acne bacteria such as P.acnes and S.epidermidis. Using these oils may reduce pimples easily on your skin.
USING GREEN TEA EXTRACT
Green tea is the healthiest beverage in the world. It has health benefits as well it can heal skin problem if applied directly. Green tea has flavonoids and tannins which are helpful in fighting skin inflammation and bacterial infection that can cause acne breakouts.
It also contains an antioxidant property called epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG). It can fight inflammation, reduce oil production and reduce the growth of P.acne bacteria. A lot of studies shown that by using the extract of green tea may cut oil production. For some products in the market, there are those who have green tea content but making it at home will let you keep on your budget.
- Stepp green tea for three to four minutes in a boiling water
- After boiling, let the tea cools down.
- Gently apply in on your face using a cotton ball, or you can use a spray bottle whichever is convenient.
- Leave the application for ten minutes and then rinse your face with water
- Make this application at least one or twice a day. You can store green tea extract on your refrigerator to preserve for two weeks.
CONCLUSION: Green tea has antioxidants that help in reducing inflammation and fight the bacteria that can cause pimples. Applying regularly to your skin has significantly effective to solve the [problem.
Lastly, pimples are very common and can cause frustration while treating them. There are a lot of ways of addressing your problem with acne. Conventional treatment has side effects such as irritation, dryness, and inflammation plus the chemical used with those products can sometimes be harmful to your skin. Home remedy is also considered as effective ways of treating acne. Some Of the methods are supported scientifically without worrying about any side effects.
Applying those essential oils mentioned are considered as the quickest way of treating acne bumps. Though it may not work for some users, it could be worth a try. If you live with severe acne problems, then it is best to consult a dermatologist.